The trend of installing custom kernels on Android smartphones isn’t something new. However, many people stay away from it due to the lack of knowledge or because they think custom kernels can harm their device by overloading or underloading some aspects of their device. The truth, however, is different. Just like the OS is in charge of controlling our device, kernels are in charge of controlling the OS.
The stock kernels don’t offer much customisation, however, installing a custom kernel onto your phone can make drastic changes to how your device performs. You can change the colour configuration of your screen, you can increase the overall audio output, you can enable fast charging just by using USB cable, and you can underclock your processor for better battery or overclock it for battery performance. The possibilities are limitless.
Although the idea of installing a custom kernel is tempting, finding the right kernel isn’t as easy. Some developers tend to create custom kernels that are just like stock but have more options while other kernels tend to do things their own way and have a lot of options. Today, we are going to talk about a custom kernel for LG G4 known as Imperium Kernel, the kernel is filled with amazing features. You can enable fast charging over USB, you can increase the audio output for your earphones/headphones and you can even tweak the colour calibration of your device. In addition to that, the custom kernel can also increase the performance of your device without having an impact on the batter. In case you are willing to install the Imperium Kernel on to your device, simply follow the guide below.
Install Imperium Kernel on LG G4
- Since the kernel comes with auto-root, you’ll need an unlcoked bootloader and Android 6.0 Marshmallow > Guide for unlocking bootloader | How to update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Download Imperium Kernel and copy it into your device > Download.
- Reboot your device in recovery boot by using Quick Reboot app from Google Play Store or following the guide > Guide.
- Once you are in the recovery, tap on “Install” and select the Imperium_Kernel_G4_H815_v2.3.zip.
- Swipe to installl.
- Once the kernel has been installed, reboot your device.
That was all, folks. Once your device boots up, download and install Kernel Adiutor from Google Play Store and start customising the kernel as you prefer.