Samsung is currently busy rolling out the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for its flagship devices. We already have the update available on Samsung’s Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, and some variants of the S6 Edge+. The company is currently rolling out the update for the Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F, however, as per the company rules, the update is rolling out in stages. This means that it’ll take some time before Samsung has all the devices covered.
If your phone hasn’t received the update via KIES or OTA, you can always opt to update your phone manually by just following few simple steps. Do keep in mind that updating phone manually doesn’t have any critical threats to your phone as long as you follow the guide with the right amount of caution.
If you are willing to update your Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F using the manual method, simply follow the guide below and you’ll be settled.
Install Android 6.0.1 in Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F
- Download and extract the latest Odin flashtool > Download.
- Download the Galaxy S6 G928F firmware and extract it if it is a zip file to get the .md5 or .tar.md5 file > Download.
- Turn off your phone and put it in download mode by pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Down Button for a few seconds until you receive a warning message, simply press volume up button to proceed.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable and the Odin COMM port should turn Yellow/Blue depending on the version.
- Click on AP/PDA button and select the .tar/.tar.md5 file you extracted earlier.
- Make sure only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked.
- Press START and wait for the process to finish.
- The process will take 5 – 10 minutes, once completed, you will get PASS message on Odin and your device will restart.
That’s all, folks. You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, in case you ran into any issues. Feel free to let us know.