Android is a blissful operating system, even without any tinkering, the OS offers a great value and an awful lot of customisations right out of the box. However, if those customsations aren’t enough for you, there are more than one way of customising Android according to your need. One of the most famous ones is the use of Xposed Framework. For those who don’t know, this is a custom framework that you can use to make system level customisations to your phone.
Up until now, installing Xposed Framework was somewhat of a hassle, and was impossible for devices that had root access, but didn’t have access to a custom recovery. In short, most devices that are rooted but are on locked bootloaders. Luckily, there is a new method around that lets you install Xposed Framework on any device you want. The method uses a flash tool-esque app that goes by the name of FlashFire. There are no drawbacks to this app and it’s pretty much straightforward. Much like Mobile Odin but for a different task.
If you are stuck with a phone that has no custom recovery and is rooted, you can use this method to flash Xposed Framework onto your device. Simply follow the guide below.
Note: Although this method doesn’t require a custom recovery, having full root access is a must.
Install Xposed Framework on Your Device Without Recovery
- Download the latest version of Xposed Framework and copy it to your phone’s storage > Download.
- Download the Xposed Installer apk and copy it to your phone > Download.
- Head over to this link and signup for FlashFire’s beta. Once you have signed up, install the app.
- Open the app once it’s installed, tap the flash .zip option and select the Xposed Framework you downloaded earlier for your phone and make sure the Automount is turned off.
- Once the process completes, install the Xposed Installer and download your favourite modules.
That’s all, folks. You have successfully installed Xposed Framework on your Android device without needing a custom recovery. In case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.