OnePlus recently started rolling out a small update for their famous OnePlus X, the update only weighs 9.5 megabytes and updates the software to Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X. Although the update is quite small, it carries a significant fix to an issue known for occasionally corrupting the images on the phone while opening the camera.
It’s nice to see OnePlus paying attention to details and making sure that the users get the proper software treatment. The update is rolling out to all OnePlus X at the moment, however, if you haven’t received the update notification yet, you can always opt for updating the phone yourself.
Luckily, updating OnePlus phones are a lot easier, they use the same method as Google’s Nexus phones. If you want to update your OnePlux X to Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X, simply follow the guide below:
Update OnePlux X to Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X
- Download the update zip file from here and transfer it in your device’s internal storage.
- Boot your OnePlus X in stock recovery by pressing and holding power and volume down buttons until the OnePlus logo appears and then letting go the power button and holding the volume down button until you boot into recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery, select “Apply Upate” or “Apply update from phone storage”.
- Select the OTA file you put into your phone that you transferred earlier.
- Once the update installs, reboot your phone from the recovery menu
Voila, you have successfully updated your OnePlus X to the latest Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X. In case you faced any issues, feel free to let us know.