Google recently updated their Gmail app and added some nice set of features. However, one of the best features is the ability to Gmailify your other email accounts like Outlook, Hotmail, and Yahoo. For those who don’t know, Gmailifying your different email accounts integrate them with your Gmail app. This means that all the emails you will be receiving on your different email accounts will go to one, central app.
This is useful for businessmen or people who have more than one email addresses they use. In case you have received this update and aren’t aware about how to Gmailify your email account, you can do so by following this simple tutorial that we have penned down for you.
Note: Google is currently only supporting Yahoo, Outlook/Hotmail and will add more email services in near future.
Gmailify your Email Accounts
- Open your Gmail account and access the left side menu by tapping on the 3 line menu on top left.
- Tap on your cover picture and choose “Select Account”.
- Tap on “Personal” and proceed to the next screen.
- Enter your credentials and log into your email account; if Gmail asks for permission, grant it.
- Choose your preferences and then setup the account on your device.
- Open your Gmail account and access left menu by tapping on the 3 line button and go to Settings.
- Select the account you want to Gmailify and then select Link Account.
- Now tap on Get Started.
- Select the Gmail account you want to link your other account with and tap the Next
- A new browser window will open and you will be asked to log in again. Do that.
- The app will ask you for your Gmail account to access your newly added account, do it and you’ll be done.
That is it, folks. You have successfully linked your other email accounts into your Gmail app and created a unified email app. In case you faced any issues, feel free to let us know.