Samsung is currently rolling out the Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, the update is rolling out in stages and it might take some time for everyone to receive the update. However, we have dedicated guides for all 3 devices that are now receiving the latest update.
If you are willing to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, then you’re on the right track. Following the simple guide below, you can update your phone.
Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Download Odin and extract it > Download.
- Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and extract it, you will get a .tar or .tar.md5 file > Download.
- Put your phone in download mode by turning it off and pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume down buttons until you see a warning sign, press volume up to proceed.
- Once in the download mode, connect your phone to your PC using a microUSB cable.
- The COMM port on Odin will turn Blue/Yellow, depending on the Odin version.
- Make sure the F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are the only options checked.
- Click on AP/PDA button and then select the firmware file you downloaded.
- Once the file is loaded, press the START button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once the process is finished, your phone will restart and Odin will display PASS.
That is it folks, you have successfully updated your Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to Android 6.0.1. In case you faced any issues, feel free to let us know.