Seems like the Galaxy Note 5 wasn’t the only device that started receiving the much awaited Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Samsung is currently rolling out the update on the Galaxy S6 G920F. Do keep in mind that the update is for the international variant and the career specific variants will receive the update later.
The update is rolling out in stages and is available via KIES and OTA. However, if your region hasn’t received the update as of yet, you can always opt for the manual update method that requires you to flash the update file via Odin. The method is super easy and only takes a couple of minutes without any risk involved.
If you are willing to update your Galaxy S6 G920F, you can do so by following the simple guide.
Note: The guide is only for the S6 G920F and using it on any other variant will brick your device.
Update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Download and extract Odin > Download.
- Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and extract it, you will get a .tar or .tar.md5 file > Download.
- Turn off your phone and put it in download mode by pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Down Button for a few seconds until you receive a warning message, simply press volume up button to proceed.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable and the Odin COMM port should turn Yellow/Blue depending on the version.
- Click on AP/PDA button and select the .tar/.tar.md5 file you extracted earlier.
- Make sure only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked.
- Press START and wait for the process to finish.
- The process will take 5 – 10 minutes, once completed, you will get PASS message on Odin and your device will restart.
The first boot will take some time, however, if you end up in the bootloader, simply go to the recovery mode and do a factory wipe. For going to recovery, turn off your device, and then press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up button until you’re in recovery.
In case you faced any issues while upgrading, feel free to let us know.