The curtains have been lifted and the LG G5 has been revealed after several rumours, the phone will come with a full metal unibody but there is a catch, the LG G5 WILL have a removable battery. This is something that has been missing from the phones that come with a full metal unibody design. As for the magic modular slot that we have been hearing a lot, it is in fact true and it will come with several different accessories that include a superior camera which will have a shutter button and will double up as a large capacity battery to 4,000 mAh.
You can check the specification below:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0.
- Display: 5.3 inch QHD IPS display.
- Memory: 4GB RAM with 32GB of internal storage and micro SD card slot.
- Camera: 16 megapixel standard rear camera and 8 megapixel wide-angle rear camera, 8 megapixel front camera.
- Battery: 2,800 mAh removable battery; can be enhanced to 4,000 mAh using the magic slot.
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor.
LG has partnered up with Bang and Olufsen for high quality audio components making the LG G5 an all rounder. The phone will also have an always on display that has been in the rumour for quite some time.
The phone will have some extra accessories that will launch alongside the phone, these include your personal robot, LG’s own VR headset as well as a 360 degree camera. These accessories will be called LG Friends. The phone will launch with USB Type connectors and will come with 4 colours; Pink, Gold, Charcoal, and Silver. We don’t have a price or the release date but do keep in mind that the LG G5 will be releasing in all the key global markets at the same time this time.
Stay tuned for more information on the LG G5 and let us know what you think about the device in the comments below.