As you may or may not know, the famous custom recovery TWRP just got a massive update that brings a lot of new changes to an already excellent recovery. The latest version is now 3.0 and comes with a lot of changes including full support for a slew of Samsung devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Keeping that in mind, we have prepared a comprehensive guide for you that will help you install the TWRP 3.0 on your Galaxy Note 5, do keep in mind that this guide is only for installing a custom ROM on your device and won’t root the phone. However, if you are interested in rooting it, simply download Chainfire’s SuperSU and flash it by booting into TWRP recovery.
So without any further ado, let’s take a look at the process of installing TWRP 3.0 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Note: The process only caters to the international Galaxy Note 5, using it on any other variant could result in a bricked device.
Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Download the TWRP 3.0 for your device from here.
- Download Odin 3.09 and extract It on your desktop.
- Fire up the Odin and turn off your device.
- Now boot your device in download mode by pressing and holding volume down + home buttons together. You’ll get a warning message, simply press the power button to proceed to download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 5 to your PC using a micro-USB cable; Odin will show a blue or a yello highlighted COM port.
- Click the AP/PDA button and navigate to the location you placed the recovery file.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked and all the other boxes aren’t.
- Select it and then click Start button in the bottom right.
- Once the process is done, you’ll see a PASS message in Odin and your phone will reboot in recovery. From there, simply reboot your phone and do not install SuperSU if TWRP prompts you to. Doing so could bring your device.
That was all, folks. With few easy steps, you have successfully learned how to install TWRP recovery on to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, in case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.