The Sony flagship phone of 2014 Xperia Z2 just got its update of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It has been released worldwide and here is a tutorial on how to update your Sony Xperia device. Although the given method has been used over and over again to guarantee its authenticity but it is still better to take precautions like backing up your data before starting the process of update.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out thisguide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 23.4.A.1.264 ftf from here.
Update Sony Xperia Z2 To Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
That is it, you have finally updated your Xperia Z2 D6503 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.1.264. In case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.