Sony just released an update of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for its device Xperia Z1 C6903. This update has been made available around the globe. Also the tutorial has been tested various times to make sure that no error occurs in the process. However it is best to back up your data before updating so that any data that is lost can be recovered. Follow the guide given below to update your device.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 14.6.A.1.236 ftf from here.
iUpdate Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.