Sony has just released the long anticipated 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Xperia Z C6630. The best part is that the update is available worldwide. Well if you have not received the update on your device yet you can do it manually. The tutorial has been tried and tested several times to ensure its authentication. Just go through the given instructions carefully, follow the steps in the guide given below and your phone will be updated in no time.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 10.7.A.0.228 ftf from here.
Update Sony Xperia Z C6603 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
There you go, you have successfully updated your Xperia Z C6603 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, in case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.