Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 is the improved version of Galaxy A3 which was launched in December 2015. The 2016 version comes with some big improvements such as the screen resolution and camera. The screen resolution is now 720p and the camera is now 13 MP which is a big change. If you own Galaxy A3 SM-A310F and want to update it to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop then we have good news for you. Recently, the Lollipop update rolled out for Galaxy A3 2016 and it fixes some minor bugs. The new update’s build number is A310FXXU1APA1 and If you still didn’t get any OTA update for SM-A310F then you still don’t need to worry as you can install this latest update on your Android device manually. If you are ready then follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310F USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy A3. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop A310FXXU1APA1 on Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310F
- First of all, Download the official A310FXXU1APA1 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy A3 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to A310FXXU1APA1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.