Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini official Android updates stopped at Android 4.4 KitKat meaning that they won’t be getting any future updates officially. The updates ended because of the hardware limitations of Galaxy S4 Mini but thanks to CyanogenMod team who have released the CM 13 Custom ROM for the device. The CM 13 is based on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and if you are a Galaxy S4 owner and want to install this latest custom ROM on your Android device then all you need to do is to follow our detailed guide. In this guide, we will teach you how you can update your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and GT I9195 (3G/LTE) variant to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is one of those Android devices which gets an official CM 13 ROM. Before proceeding, we need to remind our readers that this ROM is a nightly build which means it might have some minor bugs. So, if you are ready then lets proceed.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and GT I9195 (3G/LTE). Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 CM 13 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
cm-13.0-20160116-NIGHTLY-serrano3gxx.zip –> GT-I9190
cm-13.0-20160116-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx.zip –> GT-I9195
and Gapps on your PC.
Step No.2: Copy the files and place it in the root directory of your SD Card.
Step No.3: Now, turn off your device and boot into recovery mode. Turn the device ON while pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Up keys at the same time till the TWRP logo appears. Navigate to the recovery screen and select Backup.
Step No.4: After backup is finished. Perform Wipe of Data, Dalvik Cache and System.
Step No.5: When completed. Go back to the main menu of the recovery and select install. Now navigate to the root directory and select the ROM you have downloaded in the first step and tap swipe to Confirm Flash option
Step No.6: Once installation is compeleted, again perform a Wipe Dalvik cache.
Step No.7:Now, go the main screen of the recovery and select Reboot.
Step No.8; Apply the same above steps for installing the Gapps.
Step No.9: Now restart the device and it’s done.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has been updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.