Recently, Samsung rolled out the Lollipop update for Galaxy Note 3 and it was the last official update for the device. Samsung ended its support officially and you won’t get the latest Marshmallow update on Galaxy Note 3 but thanks to a third party Android developer who’ve created the Android 6.0 custom ROM for Galaxy Note 3. The ROM is actually based on CM 13 and it comes with all the amazing features of Android 6.0.
The ROM is currently in beta phase and it has some minor bugs. Before proceeding, we need to remind our readers that this ROM is a custom ROM and is not officially supported by Samsung. If you are planning to install it on your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 then all you need to do is to follow our detailed guide on how you can install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 3.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy Note 3 N9005. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 6.0 CM 13 Custom ROM on Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 N9005:
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 6.0 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy Note 3 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset andWipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 6.0 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Android 6.0 CM 13 Custom ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.