Accidentally deleted an important text? Well don’t you worry, any SMS can be recovered from your Android phone as long as the memory portion in which it is stored does not get overwritten. So in order to recover such data one need to act immediately.
For recovering deleted text messages, there a number of tools available on PC. Their basic function is pretty much the same, first it scans the Android’s memory, after that the next step is identification and recovery of deleted text messages. These tools may be free of cost and some might even be paid.
Whichever tool you choose, they will guide you throughout. Most of them have the same steps discussed previously. Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android is one of the best.
Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
Here Wondershare is used to exhibit the process of recovering deleted text messages. Usually the process is same or at the very least alike for all the programs. Here’s how it’s done:
- First step is to go to your phone’s settings and enable the developer’s option. Settings > About phone and tap Build number until you see the notification that Developer options has been enabled.
- Go to Developer options > USB debugging and check the box (or flip the switch, depending on your version of Android).
- Wondershare free trial should be downloaded and installed on your computed (or another recovery tool of your choice) and then your android device should be connected to the computer.
- After the device is connected, follow the onscreen instructions in the recovery program so that it begins scanning your Android phone’s memory.
- As soon as the process is done, you can go through the deleted and undeleted data on your Android phone. As mentioned previously as long as the part of the memory that stores text messages is not overwritten they can easily be recovered without a problem.
- The next step involves opening the Messages folder and clicking on the panel on left hand, then selecting the messages you want to recover and click on the Recover option to transfer them back to your android device or your computer.
However, if you wish to retrieve the messages without using a PC, you will need to have root access to your phone and most probably a paid application. Easier method is to use the PC.