Good battery life is one of the biggest concerns of almost all the Android users, this is mainly because Android is infamous for draining battery like crazy but the truth is completely different. A lot of notable Android handsets indeed offer great battery lives, some of the examples include LG G2, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3 Compact. However, there still is something known as poor calibration that results in poor performances of battery.
Poor calibration means that your battery will shut down even when there is some juice left in it. for instance, imagine your phone shutting down at 5 percent. Weird, no? This happens when the battery stats indicator that is cooked right into the system gets corrupted. But before you freak out, it’s rather easy to deal with it. How? You ask. Well, Android is known for its flexibility, you can easily calibrate your device’s battery with few simple steps. We are going to cover 2 methods in this tutorial, one method is for unrooted devices while other addresses the rooted devices.
Calibrate Android Battery for Better Performance (Unrooted)
- Charge your Android device up to a 100 percent.
- As soon as the charging is complete, remove the charger and turn off your phone at the very moment.
- Put the phone back on charging and let it stay there for another hour.
- Turn the phone back on and repeat the charging process for at least an hour.
- Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step for at least one more time.
That is it, the method is tedious but effective for the people who don’t have rooted devices. Now we are going to take a look at the method that can be used for rooted devices, the method is actually really simple as compared to the one we described above.
Calibrate Android Battery for Better Performance (Rooted)
- Download the Battery Calibration app onto your phone from here.
- Once downloaded, launch the app and grant permission if prompted.
- Plug in your phone and let it charge, once it reaches 100 percent, press the Battery Calibration button.
- Unplug your phone and use it till your phone’s battery fully drains.
That is it, folks. With 4 easy steps, you can easily calibrate your phone’s battery on rooted devices. If you face any issues, feel free to let us know.