Our Android devices come equipped with different modes known as Fastboot, download and recovery. While these modes don’t matter much or at all to a normal user, people who are into installing custom ROMs on their phones or rooting them have a greater use of these modes. Today we are going to walk through the method of booting your Android device in all the modes like bootloader/download/recovery mode.
Readers should know that we are using the most convenient method and that is via ADB commands, all you need is one line of command and your job will be done. If you are ready, simply read the prerequisites and instructions below.
- Download and install USB drivers for your specific device.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tab build number 8 times > Settings > About Phone > Developer Options.
- Download and install ADB > Download.
Boot Android Devices in Bootloader/Download/Recovery Mode
- Connect your device using USB cable.
- Go to desktop and press right click while holding the shift key.
- Choose Open command window here.
- Now type in the following command in order to boot into bootloader mode.
- If you are willing to boot your phone into download mode, type in the following command.
adb reboot download
- The last step is for those who are willing to boot into the recovery mode, you can do so by entering the following command.
adb reboot recovery