Samsung Galaxy J200G is the dual SIM variant of Galaxy J2 and it comes with a 4.7 inch Super AMOLED touch screen with the resolution of 540 x 960, 1 GB of RAM, 5 MP rear camera with the 720p video recording capability, a Quad Core 1.3 GHz processor. The Galaxy J200G is the dual SIM version and its currently available in India. If you own this smartphone then we have some good news for you. The latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipopupdate is currently on the roll in India and it comes with the build numberJ200GDDU1AOL4 and if you are living in India then you should get an OTA update notification. In case you didn’t get the update notification then you can update your Galaxy J2 SM-J200G to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop manually by using ODIN. We have written a complete and detailed guide on how you can update Galaxy J2 manually using the latest Odin 3.10.7. So, if you are ready and want to install the latest Lollipop then follow our detailed guide.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Galaxy J2 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy J2 SM-J200G. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200GDDU1AOL4 on Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200G:
- First of all, Download the official J200GDDU1AOL4 firmware (If your country is not in the list then install anyone).
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy J2 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you didn’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to J200GDDU1AOL4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.