LG has already updated the international variant of LG G4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow in most parts of the country and now the company is at it again, the South Korean giants just released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for LG G3 as well, do keep in mind that the update released is only for D855 variant. The update is seeding out via OTA but for those who don’t want to wait, can flash the update using LGUP without any hassles.
Updating instructions are rather simple, you need to download a couple of files and you’d be good to go. If you are willing to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow, follow the guide below.
Note: The guide is only for D855 variant, installing it on any other variant may cause a brick.
Update LG G3 D855 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Install the DLL file first and then the LGUP tool.
- Once LGUP has been installed, simply run it.
- Now connect your LG G3 D855 and it will show in the LGUP.
- Choose the Upgrade option and then click File Path to navigate where you have placed the KDZ file.
- Select the KDZ file and simply press Start button.
- Once the process has started, wait a few minutes for it to finish. Do not unplug your device at all.
Cheers, you have successfully updated your LG G3 D855 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, in case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.