LG currently allows only 2 devices to be rooted properly, the international variant of LG G4 (H815) and the T-Mobile variant (H811). This is mainly due to bootloader, the bootloader on the T-Mobile variant comes unlocked directly from the carrier, as for the international variant, bootloader requires to be unlocked manually. You can check out the tutorial here and you can check if your version supports the bootloader unlock here.
That being said, users who are using the LG G4 from T-Mobile can easily root and install TWRP on their device, since the bootloader is already unlocked, the process is very, very simple. We are still going to walk you guys through the entire process.
- Download the recovery installer > download.
- Download the latest system-less SuperSU and copy to your phone’s storage > download.
- Download LG G4 drivers > download.
- Enable OEM Unlock by going to Settings > About Phone > Software > Tapping build number 8 times till you see a toast notification > Settings > Developer options > Enable OEM Unlock.
- Enable Android debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Software > Tapping build number 8 times till you see a toast notification > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
Root LG G4 H811 T-Mobile and Install TWRP
- Extract the recovery installer you downloaded before.
- Plug your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch the CLICK-HERE-LG-G4-H811-UNLOCK-TWRP.bat.
- Simply let your device rest till the process is done and pull the battery out of the device when you are asked.
- Once the phone boots up, reboot into recovery again by turning off the device, and pressing and holding the volume down + power button until the LG logo appears, when it does, let go off the power button for a second and press and hold it again. Use volume down button to select yes and press power button.
- You will be in the recovery now, tap Install and then navigate to where you placed the SuperSU zip, select the zip and swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone once the zip has been installed, TWRP will ask you if you want to install the SuperSU, simply deny that.
That is it, you have successfully installed TWRP on your LG H811 along with the root access. Do keep in mind that 7th step is a crucial one so do it properly. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know.