LG G4 is currently LG’s trophy child, we already know that the South Korean tech giant released LG V10 but the title of flagship still belongs to LG G4. The device was recently updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and as usual, custom ROMs are available for the device. The custom ROM we are talking about today is called Genisys ROM 3.4, for those who don’t know, we already covered a tutorial about Genisys 2.1 that was based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, this, however, is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Currently, this is the only stock based custom ROM that allows Xposed to work without causing bootloops, for those who are willing to install this ROM on their LG G4, this tutorial is for you. Check out the details below.
Note: The ROM is only for T-Mobile variant (H811) or international variant (H815) and requires an unlocked bootloader.
- Rooted LG G4 with TWRP. Guides > H811 | H815
- Download Genisys ROM 3.4 and copy into your phone > Download.
- Basic Android knowledge.
How to Install Genisys ROM 3.4 on LG G4
- Reboot into recovery by using Rebooter app.
- Tap on Install and select the Genisys ROM 3.4.
- Swipe to install.
- Aroma installer will open, there you have to select your phone variant and follow the instructions
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your phone. Note: If you are asked to install SuperSU by TWRP, simply deny it.
That’s it, you have successfully installed Genisys ROM 3.4 on your LG G4, in case you run into any issues, feel free to let us know.