Odin3 is Samsung’s tool which allows you to install stock and custom firmware, custom recoveries and even allows you to install various mods on your Galaxy device. If you own a Samsung device then you must be familiar with this mini tool. This tool also come in handy when you accidently soft bricked your Galaxy device and can’t find a way to fix it. Well, in that case, you can fix the device by flashing the stock firmware via Odin3. Other than that, you can use this mini tool to unroot your Galaxy device, install different custom mods and a lot more.
Thanks to Odin3, the life of Galaxy owners has become way easy. But back to our main topic, as you all know Odin3 is only available for Windows PC meaning that the Samsung Galaxy owners who owns MAC can’t install directly on their MacBook Air or MacBook Pro and they have to install VMWARE in order to use Odin3 but now things are pretty easy for MAC users as well. Thanks to the famous XDA developer Adam Outler who ported Odin3 to MAC and named it JOdin3. JOdin3 is the exact copy of Odin3 and it comes with all the functionalities that you get in the Windows version. In other words, it’s the exact ditto copy of Odin3 and even comes with the support of flashing .tar.md5 files and other formats.
Download JOdin3 Latest version for MAC OS X:
The method of Downloading and installing JODIN3 on MAC OS X is very easy. The first thing that you need to do is:
- Download and install the latest version of Java on your MacBook. Java is really important for installing JODIN3 so download and install Java first.
- Now, download and install latest version of Heimdall on your MacBook.
- Make sure, you don’t have Samsung Kies installed otherwise the tools won’t work.
- Disconnect all unnecessary USB devices.
- Now connect you device to your MacBook via original USB cable.
- Once connected, enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- Download the correct recovery, root or your desired file.
How to Use Jodin3 on MAC OS X:
The very first thing you need to do is to download JOdin3 for MAC operating system.
- Once downloaded, run the app. You can find all options that you find in the Windows version.
- For demonstration, we are going to use the “PDA” tab and selected our desired .tar.md5 file.
- Now, put your device in download mode and connect it to your MacBook. In case you don’t know how to access the download mode, turn off your device completely and now turn it back “ON” by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Make sure you have unchecked all options in JOdin3 except the Auto Reboot option.
- Now, click on “Start” button. JOdin3 will ask you for the PIT file of your device.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and get the flashing done successfully.
- That’s all. You have successfully downloaded and installed JOdin3 on MAC operating system.