Good news for the LG G4 owners, the official CyanogenMod 13 has made its way to LG G4. Though it is still in Nightly state, but fans would be happy to know that the best custom ROM is available on their phones right now. As always, you will be needing an LG G4 H815 or H811 with unlocked bootloaders; the latter already has a factory unlocked bootloader, as for the H815, you can unlock the bootloader by going here.
Like we stated before, it is just the initial stage for the custom ROM so there are going to be bugs, so far the only reported bug we have come across is that the FM-radio is not supported at the moment, but considering most people don’t even pay attention to it, it isn’t such a big deal. If you are willing to install CyanogenMod on your LG G4, you can follow the instructions below.
Note: Although the H811 variant is supported, this guide is strictly for H815, we will come up with the guide for H811 variant in near future.
- Rooted LG G4 with stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow and TWRP (CM 13 requires V20A bootloader) Get Marshmallow here.
- CyanogenMod 13 package > download.
- GApps package > download (make sure you download ARM64)
Install CyanogenMod 13 on LG G4
- Copy the download GApps and CyanogenMod 13 into your external or internal storage.
- Boot into recovery using QuicBoot app from Play Store. The default method might confuse some.
- Back up your current ROM (not necessary but it can be helpful in case some thing goes wrong)
- Do a factory reset/data wipe.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and navigate to where you placed the CyanogenMod 13 package and select it.
- Swipe to flash.
- Reboot your phone.
The first boot can take up to 15 minutes, let your phone rest till then. Once the phone has booted up and everything is working fine, you will need to reboot into recovery again in order to install the GApps. Method for installing the GApps is the same as the ROM but if you still need help, below are the instructions.
Install GApps on LG G4
- Boot into recovery using QuicBoot app from Play Store.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and navigate to where you placed the GApps package and select it.
- Swipe to flash.
- Reboot your phone once the flashing is done.