The port for the Xperia Z5 Premium Walkman app is now available for all Android devices, thanks to the senior XDA member androidexpert35. The Androidexpert35 has done an excellent job and ported all then sound libraries from the Walkman Music app from Sony and the latest build from Sony Xperia Z5. The SoundMod he ported comes with all the latest features that’s currently available in the Xperia Z5 Walkman Music App v220.127.116.11.0 and it features the material design UI and enhanced sound with clear audio settings.
Some of the features that you’ll get after installing the SoundMod are:
- Clear Bass
- Clear Stereo
- Clear Phase
Some users reported crashing and minor bugs in Lollipop and Marshmallow ROMs but these issues will be resolved in the coming updates. To install this SoundMod on your Android device you need to flash it via a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. This mod works on all Android devices running on Lollipop or higher. So, if you are ready then let’s start!
Installing this mod will void your warranty. TechJeep will not be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. So, proceed at your own risk!
- Make sure you have taken backup of all your important data like Photos, Videos, Messaging and Contacts.
- Your device must have at least 60 percent battery available.
- Your have installed the USB drivers for your Android device.
- This mod is compatible with all Android devices running on Lollipop or Marshmallow OS. Please don’t try to install it on other Android Operating systems.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has a custom recovery installed.
How to Install Xperia Z5 Premium Walkman App SoundMod on Android device
- To Install this Sound Mod on your Android device. First of all, you need to download the file and place the zip file in the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot the device and boot into TWRP by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key together.
- Once, you are in recovery mode, make sure you perform a nandroid backup. In order to do that, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System Data, Boot, Recovery and EFS and swipe right where appropriate to backup.
- Once completed, go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on install option. Now select the SoundMod file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation box to proceed the installation process.
- Once installed, reboot the device. Now, when your system boots up, you can enjoy the new Walkman Music App on your device. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.