The owners of LG G4 can rejoice, for those who don’t know, upgrading to Marshmallow broke the ability to rollback, and those unfortunate users who did that got stuck in a bootloop and flashing the older KDZ didn’t work simply because the flashtool needed to be update. Well, today’s your lucky day, there is a new flashing tool for LG G4 called LGUP. Using this tool you can upgrade to Marshmallow without fearing the impossible rolling back that was plaguing several LG G4s.
Using the LGUP is as easy as it can get, all you need is the KDZ file for your LG G4, a USB cable, and some basic Android knowledge. However, if you are still willing to get some help regarding this matter, you can checkout our handy guide below.
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow in LG G4 Using LGUP
- Extract LGUP and install both files you get.
- Extract the KDZ file you downloaded and keep it at a place you can remember.
- Now open LGUP and connect your phone; your phone will be listed there.
- Choose ‘Upgrade’, click on ‘File Path’ and then navigate to the folder where you have the KDZ file placed.
- Once you has selected the KDZ file, simply press the ‘Start’ button at the bottom and wait for the upgrading process to finish.
That is it, you have successfully upgraded your LG G4 H815 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, in case you case any kinds of issue during or before the update upgrade, feel free to let us know.
You can downgrade to Lollipop using the same method; we will be publishing a guide on that as well to aid you.