Fallout 4 is out on all the major platforms and there are plenty of issues plaguing the game. The PC version is far better than the console version, however, still plagued with issues of its own. The game is poorly optimised, in many cases, the frame-rate drops from 60+ to 20 and then back up again. This isn’t the only issue, the textures look really washed out for a game that was released just a few days ago. Some people were not even able to run the game.
Luckily, there is a small fix that has been used for Fallout 3 and Skyrim as well, this fix helps resolve stuttering, memory issues and improve the overall texture quality at the cost of RAM. If you are facing any sort of issue with stuttering and memory, you can fix it by following the guide below.
- Download ENBSeries or ENBBoost for Fallout 4 from here.
- Extract the files from either ‘Patch’ or ‘Wrapper Version’, depends on the version you downloaded.
- Copy the contents to the root folder of Fallout 4.
- Now select the proper enblocal.ini that matches your hardware from the archive and put it in the root of your Fallout 4 folder.
- Run the game, and you should get the message that everything went fine.