LG G4 is simply the best phone made by LG, yes, it’s even better than the legandary G2 and G Pro 2. It has one of the best cameras in the market that is capable of capturing DSLR level photos and the specs are good enough to make anyone drool over them. The phone is relatively new, hence the developer support isn’t that much. However, if you are on the hunt for a custom ROM that is close to stock with some added enhancements, you’re at the right place.
The ROM we are going to talk about is called Genisys 2.1 and is based on the version 10e (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop) the ROM is completely stock with some slight modifications to improve the overall perforance as well as the battery life. If you are willing to install the Genisys 2.1 ROM on your LG G4, simply follow the guide below.
Note: This ROM is only for H815 variant, flashing it on any other variant may brick your device.
- Rooted LG G4 with unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed > Guide.
- Download the Genisys 2.1 ROM > Download.
Install Genisys 2.1 ROM on LG G4
- Copy the downloaded ROM into your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery (since booting into recovery on G4 can be confusing, we’d suggest an app called Quick Boot)
- Once you’re in recovery, click on Wipe and wipe Dalvik, Cache and Data.
- Now click on Install, and then scroll down to find the ROM you downloaded; select it.
- Swipe the slider to flash the ROM; it usually takes less than 5 minutes.
- Once done, reboot your device.
Congraulations, you have successfully installed Genisys 2.1 ROM on you LG G4, the first boot might take up to 15 minutes, let your phone relax. In case you face any issues, let us know.