LG is the first company to push out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the G4, last week, LG promised that G4 will be updated to the lastest Android version in the coming week and the South Korean giant has delivered its promise, the updatae is currently seeding on some regions and will be going out in stages. However, if you are one of the impatient kind, you can update your phone manually via KDZ files. Updating LG phones aren’t difficult specially if you are accustomed to flashing factory firmwares on Samsung phones.
Regardless of the expertise level, we are providing a complete guide that will help you update your LG G4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you are willing to install the latest update on your phone, simply follow the guide below.
Note: This update is for the H815 variant only, flashing it on any other device might render your device useless.
- You are going to need the KDZ file for Android 6.0 Marshmallow > download.
- Download the LG flashtool > download.
- LG USB drivers > download.
- Basic Android knowledge.
Update LG G4 H815 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Turn off your LG G4 and put it in download mode by pressing and holding the volume up button and plugging in the USB cable.
- Now launch the LG Flashtool that you downloaded earlier and you’ll be presented by this
- Click on the little folder icon right next to ‘Select KDZ file’ and browse to the folder where you have placed the KDZ file you downloaded earlier and select it.
- Once you have done that, you can either choose ‘Normal Flash’ that will not wipe your data or apps or you can choose ‘CSE Flash’ which will wipe your entire internal storage, that basically means going to a complete stock experience.
- Whatever option you choose will bring your phone another screen. Don’t freak out if you don’t see your phone listed there
- Click ‘START’ and then click on ‘Ok’ in the next screen, make sure you don’t change anything from there.
- This will start the process of flashing and your phone will be flashed in a couple of minutes. DO NOT unplug it or try to press buttons on your device.
The phone will reboot itself when the progress reaches around 80 percent, it is advised to let it stay till it reaches 100 percent to avoid any mishaps. Once the process is completed, your phone will automatically reboot your will boot into Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.