LG just started pushing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the LG G4 H815 and we already have the rooting method with us. In case you are willing to root your LG G4 on Marshmallow, you’re going to need to have an unlocked bootloader as well as TWRP installed. If you have both of them, then you’re good to go, however, if you don’t have an unlocked bootloader or TWRP installed, you can go here and do so. For just installing the Marshmallow update on your LG G4 manually, follow this guide.
Those who are intereted in rooting their LG G4 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, follow the guide below.
Root LG G4 H815 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download the RePack kernel for your LG G4 H815 > Download.
- Reboot your phone in TWRP by turning it off, and turning it off and turn it back on by pressing and holding volume down + power button and then leaving the keys as soon as the LG logo appears and then repress them after a second.
- You’ll be in the recovery menu then.
- Tap instlal in TWRP menu and then select the RePack kernel you downloaded earlier and swipe to flash.
- Next up, tap on Install again and choose the SuperSu.zip that you will download from here.
That is it, you have successfully rooted your LG G4 H815 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.