Samsung recently launched their new J series and revealed Galaxy J5 and J7 in the market. The J series fit perfectly in the mid-range segment and offers impressive performance and features under INR 20,000. The J series comprises of two amazing mid-range smartphones. The larger sibling is Galaxy J7 while the smaller one is Galaxy J5. The Galaxy J5 features 5 inch Super AMOLED HD display, 1.5GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, a 13 MP rear camera and the front camera of 5 MP. Other than that, the device offers a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and a powerful battery of 2600mAH. While, the Galaxy J7 comes with a 5.5 inch screen, 16GB of internal storage, 1.5GB of RAM, a 13MP rear camera and the front facing camera of 5MP and a 1.5 GHz octa-core Exynos 7580 SoC. Except that, both the devices offer expandable storage upto 128GB.
Samsung has introduced these devices in the market to counter the mobile manufacturers which are dominating the mid-range market like the Xperia E, Xiaomi Mi 4i and Motorola Moto G. In order to improve its market performance Samsung has launched the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J700FXXU1AOJ3 for Galaxy J7 SM-J700F. The update is already on the roll and if you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you don’t need to worry. You can install the latest Android 5.1.1 manually by following our detailed guide.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Galaxy J7 SM-J700F USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy J7 SM-J700F. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J700FXXU1AOJ3 0n Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F:
- First of all, Download the official J700FXXU1AOJ3 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy J7 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you didn’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to J700FXXU1AOJ3 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.