Samsung is the biggest mobile manufacturer and is known for its quality high end and mid-range smartphones. Samsung recently launched their J series and one of the most popular J series device is Galaxy J1 ACE. The Samsung Galaxy J1 ACE comes with a 1.3 GHz dual core Cortex A-7 processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal RAM, a 4.3 inches touch screen with a resolution of 480 x 800 and it comes with Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box but the good news is the official Lollipop update is now available for the device. You can now update your Samsung Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. This update was rolled out in Mexico and comes with a build number of J110MUBU0AOH1. If you are not in Mexico then you need to worry you can still install the latest Android 5.1.1 firmware on your device by following our detailed guide.
This update is for the Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M and we will use ODIN for installing this firmware on our device. So, if you are ready then let’s start.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Galaxy J1 ACE USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J110MUBU0AOH1 0n Samsung Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M
- First of all, Download the official J110MUBU0AOH1 firmware (If your country is not in the list then install anyone).
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy J1 ACE with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you didn’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to J110MUBU0AOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.