Losing your phone these days is nothing out of the usual, of course, your devices are expensive and costs hundreds of dollars, but everyone has the penchant of making mistakes, these mistakes often lead us to lose our precious Android devices. Luckily, technology has advanced enough and we have apps that can help us track our lost Android device, almost all the phones have it pre-installed and the user doesn’t even know about it, unless of-course they know what they’re looking for.
Despite all this, there are still some precautions that a user must take, it’s basically preparing for something that might happen. Today we are going to show you how you can find your lost Android device without going to the nearest police station and filing a report for lost and found.
Note: It is advised to keep the GPS of your phone on, this helps in giving out a better location of your device. In addition to that, there are some prerequisites that need to be met before you can start the hunt for your lost Android device, check them out below.
- Your device must be connected to your Google account.
- Your device must have an active internet/GPS.
- Allowed Android Device Manager to find out the location of your device, this feature is turned on by default.
Track and Find Your Lost Android Device
- Open www.google.com and search ‘where is my phone’. You can also use www.google.com/android/devicemanager as an alternative.
- Once you type it, Google will ask you to login to your Google account, do that and it’ll start locating your phone.
- Once the phone has been found, it’ll be show on the map. You can also ring your device to find it out.
- You can even lock your device or erase it using the alternative link provided in the first step.
That is it, folks, using these simple steps can help you track your lost Android device. Though we do hope that it never comes to that because losing a precious piece of technology is painful. However, if you were unfortunate enough to go through that, our thoughts are with you.