The latest patch of Witcher 3 just came out a few days ago and fixed a lot of issues that were plaguing the game, the patch also had a list of new issues that started popping up like mods not working at all and your gear disappearing from your inventory. The most annoying issue, however, was the issue of mods not working. The patch completely broke the mods and even with the updated version, they simply didn’t work and old methods to resolve the script compilation error was rendered useless. Lucky for you, we have found a way out to make the mods work. Turns out, that copying a file is no longer the workaround, this time around, you will need to delete a file in order to make sure the mods get compiled. We have done both a video and a written tutorial for those interested. Check it out below.
Note: This method will make any and all mods work as long as they have been updated by the creators to support the version 1.10 of Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.
Fix Script Compilation Error in Witcher 3 Patch 1.10
- Go to the folder where you have installed Witcher 3.
- Open the content folder and then open content0 folder.
- Open the scripts folder and then open game folder.
- Once in the game folder, open behavior_tree folder and then go to tasks folder.
- Simply delete the hacks folder and run the game again.
That is it, just using these simple steps, you have successfully resolved the script compilation error in Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.