Google recently started pushing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the first gen of Android One devices also known as Sprout4 devices, this shouldn’t come as a surprise since Android One devices are basically cheaper alternatives of Nexus devices with minor additions such as micro-SD card slots, apart from that, these devices come really cheap with some of them falling under a $100 price-tag.
The update for all the 1st gen devices is available officially, we are going to start off by guiding you on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Karbonn Sparkle V. So without further ado, let’s get started.
- Karbonn Sparkle V OTA > Download here.
- Make sure to backup your device in case of anything going wrong.
- Make sure you have at least 50 percent of the battery.
- Basic Android know-how.
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Karbonn Sparkle V
- Download the OTA file from above and copy it to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone from the USB cable and turn it off.
- Turn it back on in the stock recovery. Do to so, press and hold volume up + power button until the phone gets in to the bootloader menu, once in that menu, simply press volume up button to move the selection to recovery and then press the power button. The phone will boot into recovery mode and will show you a red Android bot with exclamation mark, make sure you’re holding the power button for at least 3 seconds when you see the screen.
- Navigate back to the main recovery mode and choose ‘Install update from SD card’ using the power button.
- Now look for the zip file you downloaded for your device by navigating using the volume keys and press the power button to make the selection.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the installation finish.
- Once the installation is done, go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device.
- Sit back and relax for a few minutes.
That is it, folks. You have successfully updated your Karbonn Sparkle V to official Android 6.0 Marshmallow, in case you faced any issues while updating, feel free to let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.