Apart from Xperia M2, the Xperia M2 Dual got the latest Lollipop too, sadly, the update will be last one on both devices according to Sony’s update plans. The update is rolling out via OTA, however, if you haven’t received the update notification and are willing to update your phone to the latest version available for your phone, you are at the right place.
Updating the Xperia phones isn’t all that difficult, however, some people still have issues while updating manually, that’s when we come in, we have prepared a fool-proof guide that will help you install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia M2 Dual, just follow the guide below and grab a cup of coffee.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download and install the XperiFirm tool from here and download the firmware for your device.
Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia M2 Dual
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.