Internet plays a vital role in our everyday life, the wonderful invention can be used for several purposes, the purposes range from entertainment to business. Basically, internet is everywhere and is crucial for every industry, school, business and private sector. However, a slow internet is everyone’s enemy, in a world where almost everything gets controlled by internet, having an internet that is sluggish will cause several problems. You might not be able to play your favourite online game or attend a business conference over Skype.
There is a way to speed up your internet, however, this method will only increase the speed of websites, as for the downstream and upstream, it’ll remain the same as you have subscribed to. The method we are talking about is known as using a 3rd-party DNS instead of the default one, in most cases, Google’s own DNS is the best and will have a significant impact on how your websites load. The said method also improves streaming. If you are willing to change your default DNS to Google’s DNS, you are at the right place, just follow the simple guide below and you’re good to do.
Speed Up Your Internet Using Google DNS
- Right click on the WiFi/Internet icon on the bottom right and click on Open Network and Sharing Centre.
- A new window will open, click on Change adapter settings.
- In the next window, double click on the connection you are connected with. In our case, it’s PTCL-BB.
- Click on Properties under the Activity tab.
- A new window will open, scroll down and look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click it to open.
- Now change the click on Use the following DNS server addresses and then input the values shown in the screenshot below.
- Once done, simply press OK button and follow the on-screen instructions.
That is it, with few simple steps, you have increased the browsing speed.