As promised, we are bringing you the updating guides for your Nexus devices, the guide for Nexus 5 can be found here. Now it’s time for the Nexus 6 owners, the official factory image for Nexus 6 is here and will update your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, if you are willing to update your Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you’re at the right place.
Without wasting anymore time, we’re going to get to the business and teach you how to update your Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Lollipop.
- Backup your Nexus device.
- At least 70 percent of available battery.
- Make sure the USB debugging is enabled; to do so, go to Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number until you see a notification that Developer Options have been enabled.
- Setup ADB on your computer > How to setup ADB.
- Unlocked Nexus 6 > How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus Devices.
- Factor image for Nexus 6 > Download here.
Update Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Boot your Nexus 6 in Fastboot mode by turning it off and turning it back on by pressing and holding volume up and down keys together and then pressing the power button.
- Completely extract the firmware you downloaded and copy all the files to platform-tools folder in Android SDK folder.
- Now connect your Nexus 6 to your computer using the USB cable.
- From the files you pasted in the platform-tools folder, click on flash-all.bat if you’re on Windows and flash-all.sh if you’r on Linux.
- A new window will open regarding the installation, let the installation complete and don’t unplug your device at any cost.
- Once the installation is done, your Nexus 6 will reboot and you’ll see your official Android 6.0 Marshmallow boot-animation, you can safely unplug your device.
Congrats, you have successfully updated your Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, if you face any issues, feel free to let us know.