The T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus owners rejoice! The official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is now available via OTA (over the air) update. The latest software comes with a build number G928TUVU2COI5 and it brings some major bug fixes and performance improvements. If you are a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T owner then you need to upgrade your device right now. In case you haven’t received the OTA update notification yet then there is no need to worry. You can follow our detailed guide which will guide you on how you can update your Galaxy S6 Edge to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via ODIN.
For installing this stock firmware we will use the popular firmware tool ODIN. Odin is a small tool which is designed especially for the Samsung devices. So, if you are interested then follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G928TUVU2COI5 0n T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T
- First of all, Download the official G928TUVU2COI5 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to G928TUVU2COI5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.