Samsung rolled out the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for Galaxy Note 4 G910. The official update has the build number N910GDTU1COH4 and it comes with some new apps, performance improvements and bug fixes. The new update is much stable and if you are a Galaxy Note 4 G910G owner then you need to install this latest stock firmware on your Android device. The update is already on the roll and if you didn’t get the OTA update notification then there is no need to worry. All you need to do is to follow our detailed guide on how you can update Galaxy Note 4 N910G to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock firmware.
For installing this stock firmware we will use ODIN. ODIN is a small tool and is especially made for the Samsung devices. So, if you are interested and want to install this official firmware on your Android device then follow the steps below:
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N910GDTU1COH4 0n Galaxy Note 4 N910G:
- First of all, Download the official N910GDTU1COH4 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 4 N910G with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to N910GDTU1COH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.