Samsung just started rolling out the latest update G920FXXU2COH2 for the international variant of Galaxy S6, the build number brings the taste of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and brings the latest Microsoft apps on the phone, the apps that accompany the update are Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other similar apps. That is pretty much all that comes with the update. The update is currently rolling out via OTA but if you are willing to manually install the update, you can do so by following the simple guide below that will let you update your Galaxy S6 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Latest Odin flash tool.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options > checking the USB debugging.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Be sure that you extract the file once it downloads.
Update Galaxy S6 G920 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 and boot into download mode by pressing and holding power, home and volume down buttons at the same time. Press volume up once you get to the warning screen.
- Run the Odin you downloaded.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 and wait for the drivers to install, once everything is set, the COMM port will be highlighted.
- Now click on AP button in Odin and browse to the firmware file you downloaded and select it.
- Once you have selected the firmware, click on the start button to begin the process.
- The updating process should take 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done, Odin will display ‘PASS’ and the phone will reboot.
That is it, you have successfully updated your Galaxy S6 G920 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, in case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.