Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/Z is one of the most popular Samsung device and it comes with amazing specs. This beauty was launched in September 2014, and it comes with a 5 inch large touch screen with a resolution of 540 x 960. Moreover, the device comes with a quad core 1.2 GHz Cortex A-53 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, rear camera of 8 Mega Pixel that comes with 1080p support and the front camera of 5 Mega Pixel for taking beautiful and detailed selfies. Other than that, the device comes with Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box but you can easily upgrade it to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
If you have owned Galaxy Grand Prime and want to customize your device by installing custom ROMs, Mods, Kernels and other tweaks then you need to install a custom recovery on your Android device. There are not my custom recoveries available for Galaxy Grand Prime but the good news is the famous CWM based Philz Touch Recovery is now available for the device. In case you are not familiar with Philz Touch Recovery; Philz Touch Recovery is the advanced version of CWM that comes with all the functionalities of CWM including the touch support, a completely revamped interface and many more.
So, if you are ready to install Philz Touch Recovery on your Android device then all you need to do is to follow our detailed guide on how you can install Philz Touch Recovery on Galaxy Grand Prime via ODIN. We have tested this custom recovery and is 100% compatible with the device. So, if you are ready then let’s start.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G530F/Z. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Philz Touch CWM6 Recovery on Galaxy Grand Prime G530F/Z
- First of all, Download the Philz touch CWM 6 Touch Recovery for Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware recovery file which you’ve downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Congratulations. You have successfully installed Philz CWM 6 Touch Recovery on your Galaxy Grand Prime. Now, you can install custom roms, mods and tweaks on your device.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.