Sony’s Xperia Z isn’t the only device that got update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the company also released an update for the phablet Xperia Z Ultra, the update carries the build number 14.6.A.0.368 and the Android version is 5.1.1 Lollipop. That being said, the update is currently rolling out globally, however, if you are running a phone with unlocked bootloader or for some reason haven’t received the update, you can still update your phone manually.
Updating the Xperia Z Ultra isn’t a difficult thing, all you need is some basic Android knowledge and some tools. If you’re willing to update your Xperia Z Ultra, simply follow the guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 14.6.A.0.368 ftf from here
Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
That’s it, you have successfully updated your Xperia Z to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, in case you have faced any issues, feel free to let us know.