Despite being old, HTC One M8 is still one of the most amazing devices in the market, the phone offers brilliant aesthetics and is powerful enough to hold it together even till this day. For those who don’t know, HTC, like other companies, offer a way to unlock the bootloader the official way. In case you are wondering why unlocking the bootloader is a necessary thing; if you want to root your HTC phone, you’re going to need an unlocked bootloader.
We have already covered a guide that teaches you how to unlock the bootloader using the official way provided by HTC. Once you have an unlocked bootloader, there are a lot of things you can do with your phone, for instance, you can root your phone and even install a custom ROM on it. Before we head to the custom ROMs, we are going to teach you how to root the HTC One M8.
- HTC One M8 drivers.
- HTC One M8 with unlocked bootloader: How to unlock bootloader.
- Download Fastboot.zip from here.
- Download CWM recovery from here.
- Download SuperSU from here.
How to Root HTC One M8
- Extract the downloaded fastboot.zip.
- Copy the downloaded recovery to the fastboot folder.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU in your phone.
- Go to Settings > Power and make sure Fast boot is not turned on.
- Turn off your phone completely and press and hold volume down button and power button for about 5 seconds until you are at the bootloader menu.
- Press the power button to go into the fastboot menu and connect your phone to your PC once you’re in the fastboot menu.
- Type in the following command
fastboot flash recovery (recovery name).img
- Once the recovery has been flashed, type in the following command.
fastboot erase cache
- Choose HBOOT on your phone using the power button and then choose recovery and press power button.
- Your phone will reboot in recovery.
- Click on Install from zip and navigate to where you have put the SuperSu.zip.
- Select it and confirm the installation.
- Reboot your device once the installation is complete.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your HTC One M8 and installed custom recovery on it. In case you run into any issues, feel free to let us know.