Samsung’s Galaxy Note Edge never saw much success with the Galaxy Note Edge that was released alongside the Galaxy Note 4, however, the company is trying their best to make sure the phone gets proper updates. The company is currently rolling out the update on the Galaxy Note Edge. This update will upgrade your phone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
The update is currently rolling out in Russian regions, but users who are impatient can update their phones manually can easily update their phones using a handy guide that will update your Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Latest Odin flash tool.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options > checking the USB debugging.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Be sure that you extract the file once it downloads.
Update Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 4 and boot into download mode by pressing and holding power, home and volume down buttons at the same time. Press volume up once you get to the warning screen.
- Run the Odin you downloaded.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 4 and wait for the drivers to install, once everything is set, the COMM port will be highlighted.
- Now click on AP button in Odin and browse to the firmware file you downloaded and select it.
- Once you have selected the firmware, click on the start button to begin the process.
- The updating process should take 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done, Odin will display ‘PASS’ and the phone will reboot.
That’s all, you have successfully updated your Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. In case you encounter any issues, feel free to let us know.