Even after spending quite some time in the market, the Xperia Z2 and Z3 are exceptionally good devices, they both have similar specs and have some good aesthetics. The phone are loaded with features that will please the enthusiasts, these features incilude a slew of audio centred features that make sure that the audiophiles are satisfied. However, a lot of people still complain that the sound quality on the Xperia Z2 and Z3 isn’t as strong as it should be.
Apparently, the phone uses only one out of two stereo speakers in several things such as notifications and call alerts. Luckily, this limitation is only on software front and you can get rid of it. This is done by installing a sound mod, the sound mod does more than enabling the second speaker; the overall sound quality and loudness gets better too. However, you are going to need a rooted device and a custom recovery if you are willing to install the mod.
For those who are willing to install the mod, follow the instructions below.
- Rooted Xperia Z2 or Xperia Z3 with custom recovery (Note this mode is only for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop)
How to root Xperia Z2 | How to root Xperia Z3.
- Download the sound mod from here.
- Basic Android know-how.
Increase Sound Quality of Sony Xperia Z2/Z3
- Copy the files in your phone’s storage.
- Reboot your phone by turning it off, and then pressing the volume up button when you turn it on and see the green LED.
- Navigate to where you have placed the mods.
- Flash the v6 first and then flash the v6.1.
- Go back and wipe the cache and dalvik/ART cache.
- Reboot your phone.
The first boot will take some time depending on how many apps you have installed on your phone; this is mainly because of clearing the cache. Once the phone starts, you’ll notice a louder, clearer volume across the system.