After publishing a guide on how to root Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperai Z2, we are shifting our focus to the elder sibling; the Xperia Z3. Luckily, the rooting, downgrading and updating method for both phones are pretty much same, of course you can’t use the files of one device on the other one but don’t despair; we’ll be providing the files as well as complete instructions on how to root Android 5.1.1 Lollipop running on your Xperia Z3.
Note: TechJeep will not be held responsible for any damage done to your device during the upgrading process. Proceed at your own risk.
- You’re going to need to downgrade to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using this guide. If you’re already on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you can skip the step.
- You’re going to need root access and custom recovery on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here’s how to root Xperia Z3 running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Flashable Zip: D6603.
Root Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia Z3
- Place the flashable zip you downloaded in your phone (external or internal).
- Reboot your phone into recovery. For doing that; turn off your phone > turn it back on > start pressing volume up or volume down when you feel the phone vibrate.
- From the recovery, do a factory reset/data wipe. Wipe cache as well.
- Choose to install zip from recovery.
- Navigate to where you have placed the flashable.zip.
- Choose it and confirm it using the power button.
- The flashing process will begin.
- Let the process complete it.
- Once it completes, reboot the phone.