Sony finally pushed the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3, the update brings all the additions that were included in the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop by Google and some minor fixes from Sony’s end. The update is available via OTA. However, if you are willing to root your phone, you’d have to downgrade to Android 5.0.2 to in order to root the phone. Luckily, we have a very simple guide that will let you downgrade to Android 5.0.2 and will install the recovery that will ease the updating process.
If you are willing to root Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia Z2, you’ve come to the right place. You can do so by following the guide below.
- You’re going to need to downgrade to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using this guide. If you’re already on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you can skip the step.
- You’re going to need root access and custom recovery on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here’s how to root Xperia Z2 running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Flashable zips: D6503 | D6502.
Root Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia Z2
- Place the flashable zip you downloaded in your phone (external or internal).
- Reboot your phone into recovery. For doing that; turn off your phone > turn it back on > start pressing volume up or volume down when you feel the phone vibrate.
- From the recovery, do a factory reset/data wipe. Wipe cache as well.
- Choose to install zip from recovery.
- Navigate to where you have placed the flashable.zip.
- Choose it and confirm it using the power button.
- The flashing process will begin.
- Let the process complete it.
- Once it completes, reboot the phone.