LG recently launched the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware for their flagship smartphone LG G4. This new update improves the overall performance and patches the stagefright vulnerability. This update is now available on T-Mobile LG G4 and has the software version H81110n. If you’re an owner of T-Mobile LG G4 then we have some good news for you. You can now root the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop and can also install the TWRP on it. If you have already installed the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop and want to root then this method is definitely for you.
This guide will first install a custom recovery which will be used to install the custom packages like SuperSU. If you are ready to root your device then you need to follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have taken backup of your important data.
- You have installed LG G4 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Your T-Mobile LG G4 Must be running on H81110n firmware.
- You have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
- Your device should have at least 70 percent battery to avoid any unexpected shutdowns during the rooting process.
How to Install TWRP on T-Mobile LG G4:
- First of all, connect your device with your computer via USB cable.
- Download the H811-One-Click file and extract the H811-One-Click.zip file.
- Now open the extracted folder and run the .bat file. The file name is LG-G4-H811-UNLOCK-TWRP.bat. Click on it and start the installation process.
- Now, click the Allow button to allow USB Debugging request. The flashing process will now begin and the device may reboot many times during the process.
- Now, disconnect the device and remove the battery when prompted.
- Now put the battery back in and Power On the device.
- The TWRP has been successfully installed on your device. Now, the next phase will be to root the device via TWRP.
How to Root T-Mobile LG G4 via TWRP Recovery:
- Download the SuperSU package and place the extracted files to the internal storage of your device.
- Turn the device off and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together. Once the LG logo appears on the screen, release the power button and press again.
- Now, factory reset your LG G4 two times when asked and you will be directed to TWRP.
- Your device is now in TWRP Recovery, choose install and select SuperSU zip file that you have placed in the internal storage of your device.
- Now, Swipe right to install. After the installation gets completed reboot your device. That’s it. Your device has been successfully rooted.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.