Yesterday we published a guide on how to update your Galaxy Note 4 N910C to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, today we’re bringing another guide on how to root the same firmware. Rooting the firmware is almost as same as updating it. However, we’ll be needing somewhat different tools this time. Rooting your Galaxy Note 4 will give you the ability to install custom ROMs on your phone as well as do some customisations like installing mods.
If you’re willing to root your Galaxy Note 4 N910C and you’re looking for the easiest guide, you’re at the right place. We have an extremely easy and detailed guide on how to root your Galaxy Note 4 N910C, so without further ado, let’s get to business.
- You’re going to need the flashable package: Download
- The latest bootloader package: Download.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options > checking the USB debugging.
Root Galaxy Note 4 N910C on 5.1.1 Lollipop
- From the files you downloaded, extract the bootloader package and transfer the flashable package to your phone’s internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on in Download mode by pressing and holding volume down + home + power button together and then pressing volume up button when you see the warning screen.
- Run Odin that you got when you extracted the bootloader package.
- Plug in your Galaxy Note 4 and wait for the drivers to install, once they’re done, the COMM Port will be highlighted.
- Now click the BL button and browse to where you extracted the bootloader package and select the file. It should be in ‘tar.md5’ extension.
- Once you have selected it, press the start button and wait for flashing; you’ll get ‘PASS’ written on Odin as soon as the recovery gets installed.
- If your phone boots again, turn it off again and boot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up + home + power button until you’re in recovery.
- Once you’re in recovery, browse for the recovery package, and install it.
- Once the package has been flashed, simply reboot your Note 4.
That’s it, we have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 4 N910C running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop